Wednesday, August 12, 2015

9 Days Later...

Well, it's been 9 days since my surgery, and I am feeling good. When I think back to the hysterectomy 3 years ago, and how I felt (like I was hit by a bus), I almost can't believe how good I feel! I'm still having some pretty fuzzy moments, and I occasionally nap without warning, but overall I feel great. One thing that's the same as the last surgery...there hasn't been as much knitting as I supposed there would be. Still, I am managing a few stitches here and there. :)

I know that I had shared about my pre-op anxiety, and I'm happy to report that even that wasn't as bad this time around. I did ok on my way in and out, although I did have some pretty funny (and totally irrational) fears...

Ultimately, I woke up from surgery, and I have a new hip. I also have pain, which I expected, and some side effects that I did not (numbness in the non-surgical leg is apparently pretty normal), but I'm dealing with those just fine. I must have communicated my fears to friends and family before surgery, because some of the post-op texts I got were pretty funny. Others just really communicated to me how loved and cared for I truly am. Here are few of my favorite texts and text conversations , pre- and post-surgery, and upon my arrival back at home:

"Have a happy surgery!"

"I'm sure you already deserve a gold star." 

"Hi...glad you're alive still...been praying for you. :)"

"Yay! Now take a nap!"

"Yeah! Hope you have a very quick recovery!! Now it's time to snuggle kitties!"

"Do you want to go for a run?"
"Sure, I'll meet you on the corner of never and again."
"Perfect."

"Try this Sweetie make me a sandwich and make it snappy"
"Sweetie says that's not funny...but I think it's hilarious!"
"Tell him I said less talking and more action"

"Awesome :) Glad your home"

Thank you local friends, for loving me through your kind words, cards, visits, meals brought in, and by tooling me around town to my various appointments in the next few weeks. And thank you internet friends, for prayers, good thoughts, and caring messages. You guys are the best, and my life is so blessed because each of you are in it. 

For the rest of today, between my physical therapy exercises, I think I'll try to get back to that knitting. I hope that you will have some time to do the same.

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're doing well, Pam. This looms in my future, too. And I'm sure my anxiety will be over 9000. Good to know it can be recovered from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally can! Just do your best to keep as active as you can until the time is right...keep those muscles strong!

      Delete