Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hexed this week...

Halloween was yesterday, and trick-or-treats the night before (in my town). Mr. Pretty and I had a cozy perch on the porch as we passed out candy,

and then we warmed up inside, with cats and knitting.

Well, I warmed up with cats and knitting...there is a possibility that I was pretty selfish with the cats and with the knitting. Of course, we do have that little space heater, so we were both pretty cozy pretty quick. You know, even though the thermometer has finally taken the plunge for fall, it has certainly been a beautiful one!

Despite the cooler temperatures, there have not been many finished projects this week, as we have been out and about, enjoying autumn. 

So, when I had a day (on Tuesday) to be in and out of waiting rooms, I took the opportunity to knit some new hexipuffs!

It's been months since I've knit a hexipuff, but with these, I'm now up to 156 (#157 is that one still on the needles, I'm aiming for a total of 400). Maybe I'll work on these more when I finish the big sister sweater, but maybe not. I mean, the instant gratification of a finished hexipuff in about 45 minutes is pretty alluring, but this blanket is still going to be years in the making...sometimes that sucks the motivation right out of my needles, ya know? In the meantime, I am enjoying the bulky afghan I knit last year, hot coffee with sweet cream and marshmallows, and holiday TV. 

I wonder when Linus will finally see the Great Pumpkin? I feel a little sorry for him. That pumpkin patch does seem very sincere. =/ I don't think I've ever seen a pumpkin patch quite as sincere as that one, so I'm not sure what the trouble is...keep the faith, Linus. Keep the faith.

Thanks for stopping in to the blog today, friends. I hope that fall is bringing you all that you hoped it would, and that your pumpkin patch is sincere. That Great Pumpkin is watching, so keep up the good work, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. Love those toes sneaking out from that afghan. Happy Fall!

    (Eyeing that innocent little sugar pumpkin sitting primly by the door and wondering how long it takes to bake it.)

    ReplyDelete