Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Trying New Things

The older I get, the harder it is to try new things. I like to say that I've gained some wisdom through the years, and that some new things simply are not a good "fit" for my life right now...they don't make sense...yada, yada, yada. Closer to the truth, most times, is that I am just plain afraid to try new things, more so now than ever. I'm afraid I'll fail. I'm afraid I'll fall. I'm afraid I'll get hurt (see running in 2013). Still, every once in awhile, I do step out of my comfort zone (a tiny bit) and jump on some new bandwagon...you know, like knitting a red, white and blue soccer ball during the World Cup.

Or maybe commenting on a political post on Facebook, which I very rarely do, but I did this week. (By the way, for what it's worth, I really don't think Facebook is the place to make your case about politics, in general. It is far too easy to start a heated argument, that can turn ugly fast, by the over-sharing of your political views online. At the risk of sounding like your mother, please tread lightly, friends. Try to put yourself in that other guy's shoes for a minute before you rip him a new one.)

No pictures of political comments in the blog today, but I am going to show you a picture of some yarn that's mostly not mine (except that really, it mostly IS mine).

I have another crazy knitting plan brewing, and in that box you could count 14 balls of stripey, Christmas yarn that I plan to turn into Christmas socks for my whole family! Now, I have not told my family this yet, but it's not a secret either...and I've never asked them to do anything quite like this...I just think it would be really neat if we could all wear matching, hand-knit socks on Christmas day, even if we can't all be together. I've even cast on the first pair for a Christmas in July Knit-along!!!

Are you trying anything new these days? If not, what's holding you back?

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Christmas (it's only 175 days away!), and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment