Saturday, July 26, 2014

I've Knit Everywhere, Man...

You may have seen the posts on Instagram, but even if you haven't, this is the story. It's like my knitting world tour, because (yanno) I've knit everywhere, man! I've knit everywhere, man! And this week, the tour focused mainly on the offices of medical and dental professionals. I'm generous with my knitting like that...

Generous or not, I can't help but feel a wee bit more well-traveled lately...I've had five checkups/appointments this week! First up, I went to the dentist, where I knit on a lovely washcloth and had my teeth cleaned...

Then I was off to physical therapy, for my left hip and neck. No time to wait before PT, so no knitting there. The day after PT was a trip to the center for orthopedics, where I saw another doc about that arthritic hip, and I knit on the second sock of the second pair of Jingle-all-the-way socks...

Then to the neurologist on Thursday, to talk about why I fall down...

That's the cuff to the first sock of the third pair, which was significantly longer by the time I got to my family doctor on Friday...but I forgot to take a photo at my last appointment of the week. My brain is not as agile as it was at the beginning of the tour.

I don't often air grievances here, and I try to keep the blog as positive as I can, but this medical week has left me and my brain in need of a nap! (I really need to take more nap cues from the cat, who sleeps anywhere, using anything as a pillow, without needing physical therapy for her neck or back...)

Of course, nap or no, this cutie gives me and Pop Pop a bright side whenever she visits,

and I did finally manage to finish that second pair, 

and cast on the third, as well as casting on for that June KAL with Cleveland Knits West, Brickless! (I cast on at knit night, amongst friends and Jimmy John's, with Pandora streaming all the hits of the 80s in the background. It was heavenly.)

All in all, I guess it's been a good week! All the medical reports are good, and the tests show that I have all the working parts I am supposed to have, even if I am a little clumsy and slightly short of vitamin D. I hope that your week was also a good one!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health, wherever your tour takes you!

1 comment:

  1. Take good care of yourself, and I'm glad you're getting it checked out.

    You can just say you're on Tumbler!

    ReplyDelete