Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Baby Blanket Bingo

There was a knitter, had some yarn, and Pretty was her name-o!

Wait a minute. Nevermind. And, although it is a sad state of affairs, Frankie Avalon isn't anywhere to be seen either... But I did finish a baby blanket, and it kind of reminds me of a BINGO card, see?

Well, it's a grid anyway. I think it turned out swell! I started with a pattern that called for knitting squares and sewing them together. You'd think that a knitter who enjoys setting in sleeves and seaming sweaters would eat that up, wouldn't you? But not this knitter! Don't know why, but I just don't like to sew blankets together. Crochet them together sure! But sew? No way! 

So, I knit this one all in one piece, and I think it turned out swell! The picture motifs are all from Kris Knits dishcloth patterns, and the textures are mostly from the original pattern, but this project is all me, baby! I sure hope the baby likes it...

Disclaimer: Nobody in the Pretty family is preggers. This was a commissioned piece for a friend, so everybody just settle down! :)

For an encore, I'm going to work on some stripey socks! And I'm going to take a picture of the socks-in-progress on Black Cat...

Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! And wow. And okay, I'm sitting here thinking maybe I actually will get that birds-themed by-the-square afghan done that I bought the pattern for. Thank you for the inspiration, because that is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete